First visit was mainly the cleaning up. So much dust & so much junk. My main job was to set up new lights to brighten up the place. The red lanterns in the rooms do not give a good feeling to Kimi, in addition, it was also very dark. We decided to strip them naked. Suddenly the rooms become much brighter, and things become clearer too! It translates to more cleaning job.
With more red lanterns stripped off, we now have quite a number on hand. So, with our moto of recycle & reuse, we decided to hang more lanterns on the living area.
This old house has a really high ceiling, I think at least 12-14' high. I am quite afraid of height, so the first job of tying the big lantern on the ceiling took me quite some time & some shaking. After a gruesome hour of work, I managed to get it working. However, it didn't lighten up the place a bit, but it did make the place looks nicer.
It was really tiring installing the lantern. You had to climb up & down like hundred times. I constantly dropped the screw, and forgot to bring things up the ladder.
The next visit was less work, nonetheless still tiring. We managed to concur most things that we wanted to get done, except of changing the curtain rods.
Here are some pix of all 4 rooms. We bought all bedsheets from Ikea due to time contraints.
For more pictures, please check out the album in Facebook.